Tastings – the absolute best part of wedding planning! Meeting with your caterer to select your wedding menu is both exciting and delicious. Who doesn’t love getting to try a gorgeous spread of appetizers, entrees, and desserts with their soon-to-be spouse? If you want to make the most of your catering tasting, follow these three simple tips.
1. Come Hungry: Though this one might seem obvious; many people forget that a tasting is more than just a few samples. You will have a full spread at your menu tasting – everything from hors d’oeuvres to desserts -so make sure you come hungry so you can enjoy each and every bite. Worried you will not be able to finish everything? No worries! You do not have to eat everything; just take a taste of each offering so you know exactly how each item tastes. Then you will be able to make your final decision with full confidence.
2. Ask About Seasonality: Ask your Catering Manager about what items are best in the season you’re getting married. Knowing what is in season and how that affects your options is key to making an informed decision.
3. Know Your Options and Ask Questions: A tasting is a wonderful place to really figure out what a caterer is all about. Ask as many questions as possible.
- Is the food made with fresh, or frozen ingredients?
- What types of service options (i.e. Buffet, Family-Style, Plated, etc.) do you offer?
- What service and dinnerware are included with each catering package?
- What table settings do you offer?
- What are your signature dishes?
- What fits within my budget?
These are all important questions to ask your caterer. Knowing the answer to each of these questions will ensure that you are not surprised on the big day and that you get the best possible food and service.
Minneapolis Catering Companies
When it comes to tastings, all of these tips will help you to select the best menu possible, but possibly the best tip is to have fun! If you are looking for a company that offers fantastic catering in Twin Cities, check out Sterling Catering. We are one of the best Minneapolis (and surrounding areas!) catering companies and our service and menu items back us up.
Our number one goal is to make sure you have the wedding of your dreams, and that is why we work tirelessly to provide top-notch service and unbeatable food. To set up your tasting and select a menu that works for your big day, contact us! We cannot wait to be a part of your big day.